Founded by the Portuguese in 1549, it is the first ancient colony to the capital of Brazil. El Salvador is one of the oldest colonial cities in the American continent, the third most populous city in Brazil, after Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro, where the capital city of the city is home to about 3.5 million people, yet it is the eighth The population, El Salvador was known as the “capital of Brazil happiness” because of the meetings of countless popular outdoor parties, including the street carnival, as it has the largest carnival in the world.
The most important part of Brazil’s Salvadoran city: cuisine, music and architecture, and its suburbs, Brazil’s second-richest region in noreastern Brazil, are influenced by Africans in many cultural aspects of the city, making it a center of culture in Preto and celebrating African cultural practices. The historic center of El Salvador, often called “Pelourinho”, is famous for its Portuguese colonial architecture, with historical monuments from the 17th to the 19th century, where World Heritage Sites were declared by UNESCO in 1985.
Cathedral of Salvador
Built between 1604 and 1656 with a majestic facade of white stone, decorated with a Baroque interior, side chapels off the plate are interesting because they contain a variety of Altarbeses dating back to the late 16th century. The church was home to the largest Jesuit religious school Of its kind outside of Rome.
Igreja de São Francisco
Salvador is known for having an impressive collection of impressive churches, most notably the San Francisco Church, built from 1708 to 1750 and decorated with gold-plated woodcarvings,
The Joya de Serene site in El Salvador
The Joya de Siren site was founded before the end of the 6th century andwas destroyed by an explosion in the Loma Caldera area, located 1 km from thesite of Joya de Serene. The area is also called Pompey America, in relation tothe famous city of Pompeii, which was destroyed in the 6th century by a hugeexplosion. The reason is that the city was destroyed by an earthquake thatcaused damage to the city.
The site of the Joya de Serene is located in addition to the ruins ofSan Andres of the Mayan civilization, a short distance from the capital SanSalvador, which you can visit in the morning.
Municipality of La Palma, El Salvador
The municipality of La Palma is located in Chalatenango, in the north ofEl Salvador, about 84 km (58 miles) from the capital San Salvador and is veryclose to the borders of Honduras. It stands at 1,059 meters (3,474 feet), making its weather more moderate. The municipality of La Palma is famous forits arts and craftsmen. In the 1970s, Fernando Leorte developed the arts in themunicipality and encouraged artisans to paint in his own way.
Monte Cristo cloud forests in El Salvador
The Monte Cristo National Park is located 125 km northwest of thecapital, San Salvador, along the borders of Guatemala and Honduras. It islocated at an altitude of about 2,400 meters (7,900 feet) and is the firstprotected area in El Salvador. The park is closed during the winter months (April to November) and entry through permission or permit.
Largo do Pelourinho
Salvador is the most popular tourist destination and second in Brazil, after Rio de Janeiro, where tourism and cultural activity are important generators of employment and income, while promoting the arts and preserving the artistic and cultural heritage. One of the most important points of interest is the famous Pelourinho “named after the colonial pillowories that once stood there.” The historic church district, its beaches are considered the tourist infrastructure of Salvador, and one of the most modern tourist attractions in the world, especially in terms of accommodation. The city offers accommodation to suit all tastes and standards, from hostels to international hotels. Construction and reconstruction is one of the most important activities in the city, many of them are international investors “mainly from Spain, Portugal and England”, and national developers are investing in the city’s Bahian coastal area.
Church of Santa Teresa and Museum of Sacred Art
Santa Teresa was built from 1666 to 1697, in the style of the Jesuit Church in Rome, next to the former Monastery of the Carmelite, which now houses the Museum of Sacred Art and displays an important collection of 17th-century religious images and works as well as sculptures of prominent religious figures.
The Municipality of Sochitoto in the State of El Salvador
It is the municipality of Sochitoto in the state of El Salvador and is located in the northeast of the capital San Salvador and has an area of about 388 meters (1,272 feet) above sea level.
The rural population is about 19,000, while the city’s population is about 6,000. The municipality of Sochitoto retains the splendor of the old colonial character. Many of the roads still retain the old paving style, which depends on the patches. There is also a colonial church overlooking the main square, which attracts many tourists to photograph.
The municipality of Sochitoto is the destination of many Salvadorans over the weekend, which is characterized by a large number of fine art galleries and handcrafts. There is also a market for skilled craftsmen held every weekend.
There are a lot of high-end hotels to take during your trip to Sochitoto, but we recommend the Los Mandros Hotel, which is luxurious and within walking distance of the main square.
In the center of Puerto San Juan, you can take a boat in the lake of Sochitlan and enjoy the enchanting scenery. There is also an area dedicated to fresh fish, Salvadoran specialties and small shops selling local handicrafts at reasonable prices.
It’s the city park, an important area for the preservation of the Atlantic forest, which was completely renovated in 2001 to become a place of culture and modern social entertainment. The new park has 720 square meters of green space in the city center. Among the attractions such as Braca Das Flores, Flower Square, with an abundance of more than five thousand ornamental plants and flowers, along with their environment. The park has a children’s infrastructure, with a special schedule for events that take place every October.
Created by state decree in 1973, where Pituaçu Park occupies an area of 450 hectares, it is one of the few Brazilian environmental parks located in an urban area, surrounded by Atlantic forests, with a good range of flora and fauna, and there is also an artificial pond in the park, Built in 1906 along with Pituaçu Dam, whose purpose was to connect the water to the city.
There are a number of possible recreational activities, ranging from cycloboats to horseback riding on the pond, to about 38 km in the long cyclooway that revolves around it completely, the museum is also located in the park and ESPAÇO Cravo is an outdoor museum with 800 pieces created by Mario Cravo, where Includes winged totems, three-dimensional figures, as well as paintings and paintings.