The city was built during the reign of Czar Peter the Great in 1703, to be the “window of Russia”, which overlooks Europe and after swimming over the waters of swamps and after the past centuries witnessed revolutions, wars and political plots over 350 years more than any other city in the millennium This history, celebrated and celebrated by Saint Petersburg, is evident in all its stages, from the Oruro warship, which marked the eruption of the Bolshevik Revolution to the 900-day Nazi siege of the city, which claimed the lives of two million people. Returning to the “White Nights”, the city’s name, it often begins at sunset and lasts from June 10 to July 2. The reason for this designation is that at the beginning of summer, the sun lasts longer as we approach the Arctic. It means that on June 21, the nights are bright in that city so that the visitor can walk in the half-nights as if the weather day and vice versa in the winter.
It is no wonder then that St. Petersburg, decades later, became the city of the Czars and inspired Russian intellectuals, writers, composers and musicians throughout history to become one of the world’s most attractive tourist destinations, as well as the city’s well-established trade and economic movement. It is also possible to say that St. Petersburg has now become a European city rather than a Russian city. In addition, the citizens of Russia generally regard St. Petersburg as a first-class tourist city. It is also home to the elite and elite of Russian society. The city is full of many palaces, parks, statues, squares and wide streets that are surrounded by trees and many statues and monuments are very important and the city expanded gradually to eventually expand on more than 100 islands connected with each other 700 bridge.
The Hermitage Museum/The Winter Palace
One of the most beautiful tourist places that can be initiated by the visitor tour in St. Petersburg, and despite the exposure of many incidents of theft of some of his holdings in the past, but still contains three million of the treasures of historical art and a huge number of pieces of art and antiques and paintings The palace is one of the oldest art museums in the world, consisting of 5 large palaces that need a 24-kilometer walk. The Hermitage Museum has branches Countries Its located in Amsterdam, Las Vegas, and in Ferrara (Italy) and Akhrcan in London, however, closed in November 2007 and carries the Hermitage Museum “Guinness” record for the largest collection of paintings in the world.
Peter and Paul Fortress
Built during the reign of Tsar Peter the Great and built by the Swiss Tarsini from 1706 to 1740. The castle offers tourists a clear view of St. Petersburg, where no adjacent buildings resemble the height of the 122-meter castle built during the reign of King Peter III. This castle is a notable tourist attraction and interesting places in St. Petersburg and worth visiting.
It is known as the “Museum of His Imperial Majesty Alexander III” and also known as “Elena Pavalovana”. The palace has the largest number of art deposits in the city of Petersburg, Russia’s second largest city and the former imperial capital. It was opened to the public in 1898 as the first government museum dedicated to beautiful Russian art. The museum contains a large collection of treasures of Russian art and magnificent ancient art, as well as paintings and sculptures. The Russian Museum is also a center for the restoration of ancient monuments and a cornerstone of culture and academic research. The original collection of the Russian Museum was taken from the Hermitage Museum, the Imperial Academy of Art and the Alexander Palace. The museum also contains the possessions of Duke Mikael from Russia, and some of the palace halls retain the luxurious interiors of the former emperor’s residence.
Saint Isaac’s Cathedral
The largest cathedral in the northern capital of St. Petersburg, and is the largest record-breaking number of legends. It is also a masterpiece in itself because it contains rare marble columns especially in addition to ancient Byzantine icons.
Historians say that the name of the cathedral was attributed to Saint Isaac Dalmatsky, patron of the first emperor of Russia, Peter the Great, who was born on May 30, 1710, when Peter I gave orders to build Isaac’s church. Two years later Emperor Peter and his first wife Yekaterina the church, and five years later the workers began building a stone church. It is also mentioned that the emperor issued an order obliging all sailors from the Baltic Sea to perform the oath of loyalty in this church only.
The construction of the church took about 30 years, but unfortunately the swamps swallowed up the workers’ efforts, forcing them to stop building. In 1768, the second Empress of Yekaterina decided to finish the masterpiece of Peter the Great and ordered the restoration of the church.
Construction continued until 1809 when Emperor Alexander I announced a competition to complete the construction of St. Isaac’s Cathedral, but the war that began that year prevented it.
In 1816 he announced the construction of another competition, which included the most famous engineers of the time. At that time, an unknown engineer named Yogiuste Monverani was brought to the attention of the Tsar. Unlike all the engineers, he did not decide to demolish Old building.
The fourth cathedral was built in 1818 and, as all previous projects were unsuccessful, the workers reinforced the foundations with 10,762 marble pillars.
The cathedral is decorated with 150 paintings of the works of Fyodor Burnie, Karl Beriolova, Vasiliy Shiboyeva, 300 sculptures and an engraved sculpture from the work of Ivan Vitale, thus becoming the most beautiful cathedral of St. Isaac in Europe and a unique example of the art of Russian churches.
On the dome of the cathedral, more than one ton of precious metals was used, and gold-plated tombstones required the use of ancient methods that were later banned, requiring the use of mercury, leading to the death of all specialists who painted it.
The cathedral also broke a record in the time it took to build, where construction and restoration continued for about 40 years until the city was rife with rumors that the engineer was building the church because of a hex saying that he would die right away completion of construction work.
The architect wanted to bury him inside the cathedral, but the emperor did not agree, and ordered to carry his body around the church and then was transferred to Paris.
The royal family took part in the cathedral and organized the city celebrations.
The completion and maintenance of the building took a long time. A legend emerged in the city that the Rovanovs would fall when the columns of wooden supporting the building were removed. In fact, in 1916 these supporting columns were removed. Six months later, Emperor Nikolai II, the last Russian emperor, was overthrown.
Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
This church is characterized by domed domes and almost flamboyant mosaics. This unique architectural building was built at the turn of the twentieth century on the same site where the tsar Alexander II was assassinated in 1881. This church, which Soviet forces used to store potatoes during World War II , Was finally reopened to the public in 1997.