Fes is the third largest city in Morocco with a population 1 million according to the 2010 census. Al-Fes was the capital of Morocco until 1925. The city comprises two ancient cities, and its largest cities are Fez Bali. It is considered one of the most important UNESCO World Heritage Sites and is believed to be one of the largest urban areas in the car-free world, founded in 859 AD, the oldest continuously operating school in the world. It was named the “City of the West”.
Bou Inania Madersa
The Medieval School of Bouânania – Built between 1350 and 1357 by Merenid Sultan Bouânane, one of the few religious buildings in the city to be accessed by non-Muslims, this Islamic school is a magnificent architectural masterpiece and one of the most magnificent buildings in the city. Morocco, until 1960, has been and remains the theological school that can be worked out, and has since regained its efforts to preserve its original beauty. The school is characterized by wood carvings and plaster with magnificent decorations, and this is a tribute to craftsmen in Morocco.
Address: Tlaa large street, Fez Bali.
For the best views on Fez el Bali, there is a footpath which is located above the steep hill outside the city walls, to the north tower area, here, you’ll find the castle established in the 16th century, and was home to the Museum of exciting weapons Impressive collection of weapons and some very rare pieces representing an arsenal from around the world. In the middle of the cache is a five-meter “12-ton” cannon used during the Battle of the Three Kings, and then displayed at the Arms Museum. You can head up the hill at the top.
Ibn Danan Synagogue
The temple of Ibn Dahan or Ibn Danan, one of the oldest and most important Jewish temples in Morocco and North Africa, is located in the Jewish quarter or the “navigator” in the Moroccan city of Fez. It was built in the mid-17th century and modernized in its present form at the end of the 19th century.
This estates belonging to prominent Jewish families in Morocco, intended for a few thousand remaining Jews in Morocco, practice their rites and are familiar with copies of the Torah preserved in its sanctuary, containing a complete set of fixtures for the Jewish temples, including the wooden and iron readers’ Decorated with a pair of carved wooden panels dedicated to the Torah. A wall was built on the eastern side of the temple and is decorated with glazed green and white tiles carved in the shape of a river fish.
Tazekka National Park
Taza was founded by the Berbers in the fifth century and had one corridor to the citadel that protected the road leading to the fertile lands of the west. In the old town, there are grain markets, markets for the mats, jewelry, carpets, as well as the rest of the old Kasbah. Inside the Great Mosque of Taza, one of the most beautiful bronze chandeliers in Morocco is carrying 514 oil lamps.
Batha Museum is built in the late 19th century inside the Moorish summer palace. The museum displays a selection of traditional Moroccan handicrafts, with carved wooden doors, chandeliers, embroidery, carpets, jewelry and everything on the screen. The exhibition, which is the centerpiece of the museum in the hall for the manufacture of ceramics, is characterized by Fes famous blue ceramics, colored with cobalt. One of the most interesting elements is the original decoration of the building, the beautiful garden and the inner courtyard, which is completely surrounded by shady trees and tall palms, where there is a real oasis within the city.
The Mellah is located in the “Jewish Quarter” in the new Sharm El Fas, just north of the Royal Palace. Throughout this compact area, the corridors and examples of the first houses built in the 20th century, once home to a community a vibrant Jew from Fez. On the edge of the navigator there is a Jewish cemetery accessible by foot, one of the quietest areas of the city, and a Jewish museum that houses a group of objects to shed light on Jewish life and Moroccan culture.